Foothill Conservancy News Article
Part time Executive Director
Foothill Conservancy is seeking a dynamic, outgoing, self-motivated, effective individual to serve as its part-time executive director. The executive director is responsible for program development and management, capacity building, fundraising, personnel management, board support, community and media relations, communications, and planning. The executive director position requires extensive public outreach and sound judgment to ensure that Foothill Conservancy activities are managed consistent with the organization’s approved policies, procedures, principles and strategies.
The Foothill Conservancy is a small, membership, community-based, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a primary focus on California’s central Sierra Nevada foothills working to protect, restore and sustain the natural and human environment in Amador and Calaveras counties. Its office is in Jackson, California, in the heart of the historic Mother Lode region.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of full-time, relevant post-college work experience, including at least three years of increasingly responsible business or nonprofit management experience. Planning, project management, human resources, personnel management, and grant research, writing and implementation skills and experience required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written), community outreach and negotiating skills.
Desired qualifications, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated dedication to river and watershed conservation, land use planning and sustainable community development
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in nonprofit or business management, public policy, public administration, terrestrial or aquatic sciences, ecology, watershed studies, watershed policy, natural resources management or similar field
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, and enroll, motivate and inspire staff, volunteer, donors, members and community members
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capacity
- Training or experience in collaborative problem solving
- Patience, persistence and dedication
- Social media, web and technical proficiency
Technical and physical requirements:
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software suite
- Valid driver’s license, fully insured vehicle and safe driving record
- Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- Available to travel within the state and occasionally outside California as needed
Compensation: Competitive wage and benefits package depending on qualifications. Hours per week: 24
The position has the possibility to become full time through resource development.
Standard benefits include paid sick leave, paid vacation, flexible working hours, potential teleworking options, paid holidays, and a health insurance stipend.
Compensation package negotiable.
Location: Jackson, CA
- E-mail your letter of interest, resume, and two writing samples to email@example.com no later than August 18, 2019.
- Subject: ED job application and your name.
- No calls please.